Friday, 9 October 2015

5 Favourite Things About Autumn

It's Autumn, which is officially my favourite season. I love so many things about Autumn that it's hard to make a list, but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

The Colours

I love walking along and seeing the different colours, hearing the leaves crunch under my feet and smelling the warm woody smell that only seems to happen at this time of year.

(image from My Instagram)
Mulled Wine

I drink tea like a trooper anyway, but I love how in the Autumn its completely acceptable to drink a mulled wine mid-afternoon. I've actually already got the ball rolling with the hot spiced wine, and I'm not even sorry haha. It feels like the countdown to Christmas is well and truly under way.

(image from Pinterest)
Bonfire Night

One of my favourite nights of the year, I just get SO excited at the prospect of wrapping up warm, going out in the cold and watching fireworks. I revert to being a child again, it's just so seasonal and exciting. I love the smell of the bonfire, holding a sparkler in my gloved hand and smelling hotdogs.

(image from My Instagram)
Drinking Hot Drinks Whenever

Following on from my other point, Autumn is the perfect time to just constantly drink hot drinks. I love coming home from work, changing into my PJ's and slippers and making a hot chocolate. It's just an extra excuse to drink hot chocolate whenever, Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Lattes whenever....you get my drift.

(image from Pinterest)
Lighting Candles

I'm one of those people who tend to light candles all year round anyway, but I do love sitting inside under a blanket on the cold nights with candles lit. I love the seasonal candles with the spiced smells, they fill the entire room and just smell...warm and welcoming (if that makes any sense) I can't wait to crack all my Christmas Yankee Candles out.

(image from Pinterest)

I've seen so many of these posts floating around so I'm sure they're getting a bit repetitive, and I also feel for those bloggers who live in the Southern Hemisphere (Tegan, I hear ya!) who are sick of hearing what we love about Autumn, but I'm just so excited about it all.

Do you love Autumn?

(image from Pinterest)
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Loved this post! The hot drinks and sweet candles are 2 of my favourite things about autumn as well :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I love so many things about autumn and all on your list♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I don't like mulled wine, but the rest of the list is definitely something I'm looking forward to. However, we don't have a 'bonfire night' here which makes me sad :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulled wine is a bit of an acquired taste, it's a shame you don't have a bonfire night.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I have actually never been to a bonfire night and I want to so bad! It looks like such fun!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You definitely need to get it on your list this year!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. I love Autumn, I would have to say that it is my favourite season. I love the colours during this season but the sound of the leaves when you walk on them is one of my all time favourite things, the gently crunch. Also candles, although I light them all year round, most of my favourites scents are during autumn. Lovely post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I love the crunchy leaves and the cosy nights in with candles.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. Hot chocolate yes! Plus the "sweater weather". I think it is one of the cutest seasons xD

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I love wearing chunky cosy clothes!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig