Wednesday, 7 October 2015

5 Lush Products - My Verdicts

As with pretty much every other blogger out there, I'm a huge fan of Lush products. The bath bombs are my favourite of course (treating myself to a couple of new ones is pretty much my ultimate pick me up), but I like to try a varied range of products from the store whenever I get the chance to pop in.

Here are my honest verdicts - some I like more than others.

The Comforter Shower Cream

To kick us off on a negative point, I think I'm a lone voice here when I say that I just can't get on with The Comforter! The shade is just too pink (not a sentence I ever thought I'd hear myself say!) and when I put it on my skin I'm always scared its going to stain me, seeing as it manages to stain every wall, surface and towel in the bathroom! The smell is nice but a little bit overly sweet for me after a few minutes (it smelt nicer when I just sniffed it in the shop) so although as a shower cream the consistency is nice and smooth, it's not one I'd re-purchase.


The Sacred Truth Fresh Face Mask

I really like the fresh face masks, and as I've mentioned before, Love Lettuce is my favourite (read my full review) but this is definitely a contender to the throne. I LOVE the consistency of this mask, it feels more like a cream than a thick scrub, and it glides on smoothly without drying tightly on your skin. The smell is also gorgeous. This is a new firm favourite.



Another favourite by bloggers, it seems every man and his dog love this mask. I bought it a few months ago (I already reviewed it here) and as I said in my original review, I haven't warmed to this one. This is the self-preserving version so it lasts substantially longer than the fresh masks, which counteracts the fact I think it's a bit pricey, but even so it hasn't grown on me. I'm not keen on the smell and the texture is just a bit too thick and heavy for me. Plus the bottom line is that it hasn't really made much difference to my complexion, despite saying it 'clears and calms the skin'. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't buy it again.



As soon as I saw this in store I loved it, I think the milk bottle is so cute and it looked different from the other really bright bath bombs. I used it last week and I can honestly say its amazing, it's RIDICULOUSLY bubbly, which for me is what I want out of a bubble bath. A lot of Lush bath bombs smell gorgeous and turn the water a nice colour, but I want to drown in a sea of bubbles! (well, not quite literally!) I used this all in one go as I'm rock 'n' roll and was eager to try it, and its probably the nicest of all the bath bombs/bubble bars I've used.



This is a bit of a different product for me and not one I'd usually try, but its really really good. It definitely got rid of my dry skin and felt soothing, it softened my feet up a treat! I was quite sparing with the amount and just used a thin layer, but I think you could definitely be more generous for a real pamper. I wrapped my feet in tin foil (although you can also use plastic bags) and it really worked. This is another product I'd buy again.


What do you think, have you tried any of these products? 
If so, what were your verdicts?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've never tried a foot mask but that sounds really cool!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, well worth it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the bubble bar, the idea of it being milky just makes me think it'll be moisturising too aha. The sacred mask sounds really good too!
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I can't recommend it enough! And my skin did feel super soft after it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried out any of these *sad face* I really need to be more adventurous when it comes to LUSH products and veer away from bath bombs a bit! I love the sound of The Sacred Truth, especially since it's packing anti-oxidants, I love fresh face masks, too. The Volcano foot mask sounds wonderful! I could do with that, especially since I do a lot of walking, and my tootsies could definitely use the TLC! Love your reviews, Lucy, this is such a great list xxx

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sacred truth is really light and lovely, and the foot mask is fab in general, I do a lot of walking too and it's great for hard skin.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Oooh I've never tried a foot mask before, it's definitely something I'd check out. It's a shame about the comforter though. There's quite a few products in Lush where the smell is a bit too much for me to handle haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just find it so overbearing and runny, which is a shame as everyone seems to love it. Love the foot mask though!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig