Monday, 19 October 2015

Glossybox / October Review



Ooh, it's my favourite time of the month...Glossybox time! Lets see what the October box contains shall we?!


This box has 5 full size products this month, which I just think is incredible.


So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil


I seem to remember there being another another 'So Susan' product a few months back, not a brand I'm familiar with outside of Glossybox but the nice packaging stuck in my mind. I'm trying to be open minded about this as it probably isn't an item I'll get much use out of left to my own devices, but I'll probably find it's probably really good if I give it a fair trial.

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara


I really like the packaging, the burgundy colour tube is unusual and looks expensive. I've used 'Jelly Pong Pong' before and really liked them, I had an amazing eye-lid primer a few years ago. The packaging was really unique and creative then too, I'm hoping this mascara is as good as it promises, apparently - "it continuously curls lashes throughout the day" - bold claim! I'm pretty optimistic about this one.

Nicka K Airbrush Blending Sponge


It's been a long time since I've used a make-up sponge, so I'm sure they've come on leaps and bounds from the ones I used to use. I've always been more of a brush girl but this looks good. It's said to blend flawlessly, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I think it'll be really good for travel too, right now I'm taking  about 8 brushes everywhere!

Talika Photo-Hydra Day


This isn't a brand I'm familiar with, but as its a French luxury skincare brand I'm hopeful it'll be good as French cosmetics usually are. I'm at a bit of a crossroads with moisturiser right now, I'm finding mine (Lanocreme) too heavy and not absorbing properly, but I also don't want one that's too light for the colder months (I'm in love with the Neal's Yard I'm using by day at the moment, but it's very light) This is said to be ideal for Autumn, so I'm really looking forward to trying it!

Lanolips Antibacterial Hand Cream


Last but not least...bizarrely this is my favourite product this month. I love a good hand cream, and I'm quite obsessive about having clean hands, so the fact this has a built-in sanitiser has BLOWN MY MIND. Also, I'm a sucker for good packaging and I think this mint and gold looks like a dream, it looks really high end and so much nicer than the cheap hand sanitisers I've been using!


What do you think of October's box?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Everything here looks so amazing! I need to get this myself! I always see the boxes and think I want that!!!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagramxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's like having a birthday every month!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. The fairy lashes mascara looks so good :) The hand cream packaging is so pretty as well! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the packaging and I'm intrigued about the mascara!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Continuously curls lashes?! Let us know if it works as that sounds amazing! I really need to get my hands on a beauty blender although I'm worried about dabbing my face with a wet sponge haha. I just can't get my head around it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's true then it'll definitely be amazing. I've yet to find any mascara that really curls my straight lashes though! I must admit I'm a bit dubious about using a sponge too haha, I just remember a soggy sponge filled with cheap foundation when I was a teenager!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I really like the look of that hand cream! I always feel I need to re-moisturise my hands after using normal sanitiser so im intrigued about that its almost two in one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought haha, it's blown my mind that it's two in one :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Looks like there are so many great products!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig