Friday, 30 October 2015

October Recap / Favourites

October has been a busy month and seems to have passed by in the blink of an eye. With it also being my birthday month it's been a bit hectic, but definitely in a good way!

As you may have already read about, I went away for a short break in Palma which was beautiful and just what the doctor ordered.



My Mum and I went out for lunch to this beautiful little tearoom which was fully in bloom with Autumn colours. We had the soup and sandwich which was lovely but ridiculously filling. But it finally seems justifiable to start eating cosy food like soup again.



My birthday came round and I managed to cram a lot (of mostly eating) in with different people. 


I had a night out with the girls and we went for tapas and cocktails which was amazing.


I was very spoilt on my birthday, not only with going out for lots of meals, but also with some lovely presents. I got a Fat Face voucher (which I put towards this and this), a Decleor facial, some perfume, candles and in an emerging theme lots of books and stationary, which will keep me going nicely through Winter! I love stationary (anyone else miss being back to school after holidays purely for the stationary?!) and my friends and family were so thoughtful when it came to choosing things to motivate and inspire me to get out of the rut I've been in lately.


My main present (I know, talk about spoilt) from my Mum was to have my hair and make up done by a professional make up artist! Matte was so lovely and he made me feel amazing, just what I needed before heading out on the town. I think I need to hire him permanently, haha.


In other not so exciting news; I've been decluttering my life and having a huge Spring (well Autumn) clean, and trying to make my little living room look cosier, which I think it does. I've been making plenty of time for myself, enjoying lazy breakfasts where I can and catching up on my reading. I've just started The Desire Map - anyone else read it? I'm not far enough into it yet to have a proper opinion, but its definitely giving me some things to think about.


In my quest for Hygge, I've been lighting candles constantly as usual, and made the executive decision that its never too early to crack out a Christmas Yankee Candle!


Finally, my only real favourite this month is MAC's Heroine, I'm loving it and it's SO bold for me, which is both scary and exciting!



How has your month been?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! What a birthday haul!! You rock that plum lipstick!!! =)

    Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love how the tearoom is covered in plants like that!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post - sounds like October has been awesome and happy belated birthday. Love the color of that mac lippy and that yankee candle sounds amazing.

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the lipstick and the candle is also definitely a winner!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had a great month! Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was lovely!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Love the tearoom! And I'm always a fan of soup, but they taste so much better during the cold months.

    <3 Trou
    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cute! Thank you!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. What a lovely October and happy belated birthday.

    Love the your book collection especially the Harper Lee and that yankee candle sounds amazing.

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to start the book, looking forward to it!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig