Monday, 23 November 2015

Glossybox / Nars Limited Edition

"Don't hold back.
Be bold.
It encourages others to do the same"
- Fran├žois Nars
Even as I write this post I feel like I need to pinch myself that I managed to get hold of the Limited edition NARS Glossybox! Like hundreds of others, the pre-registration link didn't work for me on the morning the box was launched, so I didn't think I'd manage to get my hands on one. But somehow, luck was on my side that day! I'm still so excited!


I was really surprised and impressed with how quickly the box landed on my doormat. After a particularly horrific week it was a lovely treat to come home to last night!
Here's what the box includes:


I've read various reviews saying that people are going to keep the items as collectibles seeing as NARS have never been included in any subscription box before; but for me personally I can't wait to get stuck in! I've been lusting over NARS for ages and this seems like the perfect opportunity to get to try the products I've been dreaming of!



Everyone seems to be particularly excited about this product, and I guess its because its so versatile! It can be used as a highlighter or blusher, and can be used on the eyes, lips, cheekbones and body. I love the shade, and I can't wait to try it.


Eyeliner is and always has been my desert island product, the one thing I can't live without. Because of this I'm quite particular about it, and I usually use Smashbox which is the best I've found, but lately I don't think its lasting as well as it used to. This eyeliner promises to last 12 hours and is said to be smudge-proof, so no more panda eyes!


Lately I just can't get enough of lip products, and I've always liked lip pencils as they're a little more subtle for daytime than lipsticks, and also have a more creamy consistency. I really like the shade of this pencil, it's something that I think will suit all skin tones, and is perfect for Autumn.


This is the product I've been most excited about! This is a cult classic and best-seller and everyone raves about it, I tried it on when I was in Sephora last year, but just didn't feel I could justify the price at the time. This travel-size is perfect and I'm so happy I finally have it in my collection.


The fifth and final product in the box is the Audacious Mascara, again the perfect travel size. I do seem to have a massive amount of mascaras in my collection, but the one I'm using at the moment is really not that great, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go. It has mixed reviews, but what product doesn't?

My verdict is that I'm over the moon with this NARS box, I think its just absolutely amazingly good value and I love every single item in the box. Every detail is superb, including the stylish packaging and the NARS branding as a whole. It's definitely a good introduction for those of us who have been wanting to explore the brand for some time. 

What do you think of the box? Do you have any other NARS recommendations?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh I adore that opening quote - such a lovely sentiment. I am interested in the mascara - I am like a magpie to anything eye related! Looks like an amazing collection, really nice selection of pieces. x

    Lucy Amelia | flawedfairytale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I haven't actually tried the mascara yet but I'm looking forward to trying it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. This is a great little starter box like you said and there's some great products in there. Well done on nabbing one!
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't believe I managed it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. How lucky you are! Can't wait to hear how you enjoy playing with all those great products
    I've heard so many great things about all the products, I wouldn't be able to wait... enjoy them!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raj! I can't wait to get started on them!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Lucky you, you got some amazing products, especially the lip pencil! I wish I had heard about this sooner :)

    Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend the lip pencil!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig