Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Hotel Gotham, Manchester

When I was in Manchester a few weeks ago, I popped into Hotel Gotham - a spectacular new hotel situated in the heart of midtown Manchester.

The hotel opened in April this year and has had rave reviews, so being the sucker for a hotel that I am I couldn't resist popping in for a little snoop and I was lucky enough to be invited to have a look around, despite there being a private function on at the time.


The hotel has a modern industrial decor with some vintage 1930's touches throughout. There is a old-school glamourous, gold luxe feel to the bar area. Outside the bar there are a series of balconies boasting unparalleled panoramic views across the city. 



As I wandered around I just felt my jaw drop at how beautifully decorated the hotel is, there are so many quirky and interesting little details dotted around that show real thought has gone into the aesthetics of the hotel in general.
The staff were also really friendly and helpful, it was very obliging of them to let me explore and I was even promised a tour of the bedrooms if I drop in next time in Manchester (I'll be holding them to that...)


This hotel has definitely joined my 'hotel bucket list' - I'm sure its an incredible experience to stay there and I definitely hope to find out for myself some day.




SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I am in love with the vintage aesthetics of the hotel; very quirky and fun. And a tour of the rooms! Let us know if that ever happens!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Wow this is so well decorated, as you said! I love when hotels put effort into aesthetics.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference doesn't it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Gotham like the television series, hehe! I love how it's decorated, the 1930's touch is definitely a winner! Ah, those were lovely times, a lot of hotels these days are far too clinical and lack that je ne sais quoi feel. Glad you had a nice time there. Hope you're having a lovely week, Lucy :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has a vintage feel to it, it felt much more personal than a lot of these clinical ones like you say.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I love looking at the decor of places I visit. The modern industrial look with bits of vintage flair sounds really alluring. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, I really loved the style of this hotel, it really works

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Incredible isn't it! Such a ridiculously photogenic place!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. I really want to visit this hotel now, it looks so beautiful. Also Gotham reminds me of Batman. Your photographs are gorgeous. Lovely post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, it reminds me of Batman too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. Hey Lucy...that really is a lovely hotel, very aesthetically decorated....and a tour of the rooms sounds just amazing..
    Http://scentsuncorked.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig