Wednesday, 11 November 2015

It's Beginning To Smell A Lot Like Christmas


For me, one of the things that's guaranteed to make you start feeling seasonal and festive is the smell of Christmas. 
Buuuut, as it's still only early November I'm not quite ready to fully embrace my Christmas candles yet,  and I was looking for a nice mid-season Autumnal scent to tide me over until December (and then again in January/February)

So when I found these two Yankee Candles (Honey Glow and Home Sweet Home) reduced in my local garden centre I had to have them, I LOVE Yankee Candles but I can't usually afford to buy the full size ones so I have to make do with the votives and melts! These two scents are perfect for Autumn, because they're both quite spicy and herbal scented. 


That said, I couldn't resist buying this pack of 6 votives from Asda last weekend. I thought £6 was such good value. This is a good way of finding which scents you like before you splurge on a full size candle. I couldn't wait and already opened and used 'Merry Berry' before I took this photo, but in the pack I also got 'Sunlight on Snow', 'Savour the Season', Candy Cane Forest', 'Christmas Treats' and 'Christmas Morning', I'm going to wait until a bit nearer to Christmas before I use them though.


If you follow me on Instagram you'll see that I started using my 'Merry Marshmallow' from last year already, but I don't think the sweet ones smell quite as festive as the spicy ones. Well, that's my excuse anyway!

Have you got started on your Christmas candles?


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. These sound lovely& I've seen that votive set in Asda before and I'm always tempted to get it.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such good value for money and a really nice selection of smells.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Yankee candles are my absolute favourites! Especially Christmas ones. I really want to get my hands on the Merry Marshmallow, I'm a massive fan of sweet scents! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourite too! The sweet ones are lovely, I got that one reduced last Christmas as its older stock so theres a good chance they'll be doing the same this year!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love it! It's so spicy and cosy smelling!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Eeeek, I love Yankee Candles, too! Same here, though, I can't usually afford the big ones, but I love the little ones and the melts! They all sound lovey, especially Candy Cane Forest. You'll have to let us know which one of these was your favourite :) I haven't bought any Christmas candles, I definitely need to do some shopping. Hope you have a great weekend ♥ xx

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly not cheap which is a shame as I love them, but you get so much use out of them I guess it's not bad really. I'm really looking forward to lighting the Christmas ones!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. OMG this post is my heaven. I am addicted to candles, especially yankee because they just smell so strong! All of these look amazing - you can't beat a good christmassy scent can you?! xxx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't! Absolutely love Yankee Candles!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig