Monday, 9 November 2015

Life Lately Through My Camera Roll


It's nearly Christmas!! Well it may as well be seeing as Halloween and Bonfire Night have now been and gone. This is definitely my favourite time of year, I love all the seasonal activities, not to mention what a beautiful autumn this year's has been!

1&2: I got a little crafty this year, and I must say it felt good! I think possibly I'm in need of a hobby as I really enjoyed doing this. Rather than carve a pumpkin as usual (because it's so messy and stinks, despite being fun) I used some of my Mum's chalk paint (she upcycles furniture) and thought they looked really pretty. And how cute are the little mini munchkins from Waitrose?!

3: My friend and I met for a coffee in Costa and they were doing special Halloween drinks. Being a sucker for a seasonal promotion I had to try one, and I can report it was a bit sweet for me but otherwise nice. I can't remember what it was called but it was basically a cappuchino with praline flavouring and sprinkled with gold dust.

4&5: I walked up Snowdon last Sunday with some friends, and considering it was the 1st November it was ridiculously hot and sunny! So hot in fact that we even had to use Factor 45 sun cream! I spent most of the climb obsessing that I'd be the only person to burn in November in Wales. but thankfully my fears were unfounded! We were in agony afterwards but the views were well worth it.

6: What a truly beautiful autumn we've had this year, with proper colours and crispy leaves. I go for a lunchtime walk every day in work and I just can't believe how stunning it's been.

7: Bonfire Night! One of my favourite nights of the year, and our local display was amazing this year. They had it set to classical music and it really worked. 

8: One of my local garden centres always goes all out with their Christmas displays, I love going for a look round! Last year they even had some real reindeer there! 

9: Drum roll please - the Costa Christmas drinks are back! Forget the Pumpkin Spiced Latte, Costa wins for me every time. So far I've only had the Black Forest Hot Chocolate from the collection, but I absolutely love them and seeing them back in the shops makes me so excited.

How have your weeks been?
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Loved reading this post! Haha love how everything is festive, my favorite time of the year! The costa drink looks great, I want one!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd definitely recommend!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. The painted pumpkins are so cute! I always mean to do this for Halloween but every year I end up forgetting!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do too, so glad I got round to it his year, they looked really pretty!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. this is also my fav time of the year! Loved ur pumpkin decoration!!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved doing them!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. The views when you walked up Snowdon look amazing, can't believe how hot it was - at least you didn't burn in Novemver haha!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I would have been gutted if I had!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Also my favourite time of year :-) LOVE the pumpkins!

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so happy with them!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. This time of year immediately makes me 100x happier! Lovely post! XO

    Courtney | Courtselizabeth | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Must be something in the air!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. Loving all the photos. Great shoot of those fireworks,

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne | Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your instagram feed is so pretty! This time of year is definitely so much prettier, isn't it? I'm so glad the costa cups are back.. I need to go get one :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! I love the costa cups, I get so excited!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  9. Love these photos so much! Such great cozy autumn vibes! Love your little DIY as well.

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much autumn and winter feels from these photos <3
    Jas | Jas Poole Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the best season

      Lucy x

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on climbing up Mount Snowden, it must have been so difficult in the heat but worth it for those amazing views :)

    Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, it was difficult which you wouldn't have thought in November, but so worth it at the top!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig