Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Microdermabrasion

Photo taken from Google

If you regularly read my blog, you'll probably know that I suffer from problem skin and am always up for trying anything that might help. I love beauty treatments anyway, and over the last year I've tried several different ones in general, but I'm always particularly keen when it comes to ones that will improve my skin.

I saw an offer for Microdermabrasion in a salon locally, and my Mum who's had it before recommended I give it a go. Having had a chemical skin peel a few years ago which left my skin red and peeling (clue is in the name!) I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have been.

Microdermabrasion uses tiny rough grains and light abrasion to buff away the dead outer layer of skin to reveal the softer new skin cells beneath.
It's completely painless, and actually feels quite nice in a weird way, like a deep exfoliation. It takes about 40 minutes and there are no nasty side effects; my therapist just recommended I avoid washing my face that night before bed and not to wear facial make up the following day.

I didn't take any before or after shots but I've noticed a massive improvement in the condition, texture and smoothness of my skin, Foundation seems to glide on more easily now and I have less spots (my therapist showed me the skin that had been buffed off by the crystals and it had removed several blackheads from around my nose I hadn't even seen!)

I have one more treatment booked, and I'm looking forward to seeing even more improvement.

Have you ever had Microdermabrasion?
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig