Monday, 21 December 2015

Titanic Hotel, Liverpool


Last week, my Mum and I popped to Liverpool to do some Christmas shopping, and while there we spent the night at the luxury Titanic Hotel in the Stanley Dock.

This hotel has been on my wishlist for a while, I love Liverpool and am always fascinated to see what regeneration is taking place in the city. The historic Stanley Dock area has been completely redeveloped, years ago it was the main port where tobacco and rum was imported, and the hotel has been restored from what was the North Warehouse. The Warehouse has been derelict for a number of years but was originally built in 1846 and the history is evident throughout the industrial influence of the hotel. 

Adjacent to the North Warehouse is the Rum Warehouse, built in the 1950's and now used as a banqueting and conference area, again blending history with modern life. The bar/restaurant features the largest selection of rum-based cocktails I've ever seen! (as well as many others, of course)

On entering the hotel, the first thing I noticed (apart from the absolute beaut of a Christmas Tree) was the stylish, smart, industrial themed foyer, with exposed brickwork, modern lighting and nautical quotes adorning the walls. It's immediately impressive, as well as being welcoming. We were also directed towards complimentary mulled wine and mince pies, to give an even better first impression.


The corridors in the hotel are immense, they stretch along for what seems like miles (great for burning off aforementioned mince pies!) and are decorated with authentic, retro posters. 
As for the bedrooms, wow. Just wow. Not only are they huge (double the size of the average hotel room as there are only 153 rooms) but they're a sight to behold, including interesting features such as the original windows which blend traditional with modern, and are welcoming and relaxing with rich furnishings.


The hotel itself is situated fairly far away from the City Centre, and although I'm sure it's lovely in the summer, on a dark and drizzly December night we didn't feel like the walk, so opted to stay and eat in the hotel. Stanley's Bar & Grill is as impressive as the rest of the hotel, with attentive staff and a chic, fashionable décor throughout including an open kitchen, which I personally love.
The food on the menu, though pricey, is definitely worth staying in for. I opted for the sirloin steak and my Mum had the lamb shank, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed. Although the dessert menu looked delicious we were far too full, so instead plumped for a 'Night Cap' cocktail; crème de menthe, chocolate liqueur and fresh cream - absolutely delicious! I think it's evident for anyone who regularly reads my blog that I'm a complete cocktail addict, and the selection on offer certainly didn't disappoint me or my taste buds! 


After a brilliant nights sleep, it was time to sample the breakfast. Again heading to Stanley's Bar & Grill, we were treated to a large selection of cereals, breads, pastries, fruit and hot food cooked fresh to order by attentive staff who just couldn't do enough for us. The views and our surroundings looked even better in the natural daylight too.


After breakfast, we explored more of the hotel, every area is expertly and thoughtfully decorated. The extremely helpful Brian happily showed us round the Rum Warehouse, including the impressive entrance hall with an ornate staircase that looks like it has come straight from the Titanic herself. 


Finally, the only area left to mention is the Spa which boasts a state of the art gym and hydrotherapy pool. Due to the other guests relaxing I couldn't take any photos of my own, but the photos below that are taken from the hotel website show just how stunning it truly is:


I can't wait to come back and stay in the Titanic again - not least to sample the spa and get through as many cocktails on the menu as is humanly possible! It's absolutely amazing - innovative, stylish, professional and welcoming, I just can't rate it highly enough and loved my stay.

Have you ever stayed at the Titanic?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Lovely post, Lucy, the hotel sounds wonderful! And ahh, smart architecture too -- long hallways to burn off the amazing food, hahaha, I hope you enjoy the week!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May, it was amazing!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. This hotel looks so lovely! I love the whole Titanic vibe! Glad you had a nice time hun!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, it was fab!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Oh wowzers! What an incredibly cool looking place. I love the nautical theme of it, even though I'm not a fan of ships, per say, but I love this! The bedrooms and the spa are so seductive, and I really want one of those yummy looking cocktails! Glad you had a nice time, Lucy, I'm definitely going to make a point to stay there sometime next year, it looks like such a treat :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend it Amanda, it's beautiful and so interesting to look around too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it. The walk to the city centre is definitely doable on a nice day but I also hear they have a boat tour/ferry to get you there now too!

    We stayed a year ago now and loved it just as much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anna, glad you enjoyed it too :) yeah we were told about the little boat, but it wasn't running that night. I think the walk into town would have been quite nice normally, if we stayed again we definitely would walk if it wasn't raining!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig