Sunday, 17 January 2016

A Sunday Post

Last year, which was my first full year of blogging, I carefully scheduled posts and posted every other day without fail which was great, because it made me feel organised, but thinking back on it I think I'd rather my posts be more dynamic. So although I work full time which may mean my posts are sometimes few and far between, I'm happier to post a little less regularly if it means they're better thought out.
Tonight, I decided to write down a few things I've done/enjoyed over the past week, a bit of Sunday night rambling for want of a better word!

1. Along with every man and his dog it seems, I've been watching Making A Murderer on Netflix. Apart from that though I've been binge watching Gossip Girl which I love, I only managed to get to the end of Season 3 when it was originally on, so the episodes I'm watching at the moment are ones I haven't seen before. I love it for the outfits, Chuck Bass, and the fact that it isn't too taxing on my brain when I want to watch something mindless after work.

2. My friend and I went out for dinner the other night to a new place called 'Steak Frites' which is already getting a reputation as one of the best restaurants in North Wales (I'm sure some people will even wonder how much of an achievement that is! Haha!) It's a steakhouse that is trying to emulate the French way of life, with checked tablecloths and French music playing. The only choice you have to make is how you like your steak cooked as there is only one dish on the menu. We loved it, the steak was cooked to perfection, we had all the sauces and condiments we could want and the fact that such a thing as unlimited fries exists, blew our minds. Despite the abundance of fries, the desserts were lovely too!

3. Slowly but surely I'm ploughing through my Lush stash. I know when it comes to Lush the question 'how much is too much?' doesn't really exist, but I was starting to get quite the collection! I had a ridiculously gigantic haul back in December, and now I'm only left with those ones. I've ended up being completely back to front as I'm using all my ones from last summer/autumn up now and leaving all my Christmas ones for the next few months, but hey ho. This week I've used the Rose Jam Bubbleroon I bought yonks ago, and the Pink Flamingo from about October (apologies for the difference in colours below) They were starting to go really soggy so I actually googled how best to store Lush products. The phrase #FirstWorldProblems springs to mind!


4. Speaking of Lush (and first world problems actually!) does anyone share my pain with how blimmin' ridiculous shower jellies are to use?! I haven't used them before and it was probably a blessing as they're driving me mad, I spend more time ducking and diving around the bath/shower trying to grab hold of them than I do actually using them - it's like a military operation trying to get them to stay in your hand (yes, I actually googled that too! You wouldn't believe my phone history!)
Snowman smells absolutely gorgeous but is fast becoming the bane of my life.


5. Finally, this weekend called for a long dog walk to blow away some cobwebs, it's been a week of ups and downs and it was lovely to switch off for a while and just be outdoors in the fresh air. We took Archie out for a really long walk, and it was the perfect winter day with snow capped mountains in the distance and a crisp, but not blustery wind.
I've been lusting over a Fitbit for ages now, so I finally took the plunge and bought the Charge HR in plum, it's so pretty! I bought it off Amazon and saved quite a lot of money too. I originally wanted the Flex as you can get pretty accessories for it, but had my arm twisted by the HR and I think  made the right decision. 
Also, it seems to definitely be money well spent because while everyone else seems to be detoxing this January, I'm still eating chocolate like nobody's business! I can't seem to go to bed without a Ferrero Rocher or two, and I'm usually craving a segment or three of Terry's Chocolate Orange. Hopefully the amount of steps I'm doing now will help offset that!


Have you had a good week?

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Those fries look absolutely incredible. I'm a big fry fan. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were incredible, I'm definitely a fry fan too! :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna, he's cute but naughty!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Hi I just discovered your blog and it's so refreshing, loving your style!
    Would you like to follow each other (GFC, G+, Polyvore, Fb) ?
    Let me know so I can follow you back anytime soon <3

    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag
    Facebook Page *Click*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh steak and chips followed by cake, yes please haha! Your walk by the beach looks so peaceful, I'd love to live near enough to the coast to be able to do that on a daily basis :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah go big or go home is my motto! :) It was gorgeous, I try not to take it for granted, I'm very lucky.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, it was amazing!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. gossip girl is one of my all time faves and i just finished making a murderer, it was so intense!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished it yet but its soo good, and GG is just amazing!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. I'm 4 episodes into Making A Murderer and fully see what the hype is about, it's so addictive!

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photography is stunning and your dog looks so cute! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He is adorable but I'm biased!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  9. Hi lovely, I discovered your blog thanks to Love From Berlin and I was so curious to check it out! :)
    Oh, Gossip Girl is one of my fave series ever, no matter what age I am, I still love it! -and Chuck Bass, too ;) On a different note, wow, does something such as unlimited fries exist? That's beyond awesome.
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely commen, I really appreciate it :)

      Haha, great to know you're a fellow unlimited fries and Chuck Bass fan ;)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  10. All this food looks so delicious! You're making me hungry babe!

    Ah all that beautiful Lush stuff makes me jealous. I haven't tried the shower jellies, but can see how they'd be annoying! xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was amazing! Yeah I definitely don't think I'll be purchasing any more jellies, shame as they smell gorgeous!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig