Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Adjusting My Mindset


I definitely think mindset plays a huge part in how we feel day to day. And there's a lot to be said about the power of positive thinking.
For a while now I've been saying I want to live a simpler, more basic life. While all of us want excitement obviously, as that's a part of life, I also think there's nothing wrong with enjoying a quiet life, its all about balance.

Over the last year I've adjusted my mindset a lot, and I feel so much better for it. I felt like I had a big old declutter, and it feels great. A lot of my negative energy came from the people I was mixing with, and it dragged me down a lot. Since I've streamlined my friends, and made more of an effort to balance fun times with me-time, it's helped loads.

With this in mind, I had a browse on the kikki.K website the other night and fell in love. 
With me being such a night owl, I find I come alive late at night and start doing all my internet browsing/shopping then. which is a really bad habit!

kikki.K is a Swedish stationary company. and seeing as I love stationary, as well as all things Scandinavian, it's pretty much my new favourite thing. I went overboard with the post-Christmas spending, so thankfully there was lots I loved in the sale. 

I picked up The Life Changing Magic of Tidying which I've wanted to read for a while, and this particular version has got a limited edition kikki.K cover. This book is right up my alley as it's all about getting rid of the things you don't need in order to clear your mind and improve your overall lifestyle.
I've already read 3 chapters and just can't put it down. although I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get rid of everything like the author suggests!


I also popped this Thankful Journal into my basket, as I really like the idea of thinking of 3 things I'm grateful for every day. I've had an app before (but had to get rid of it due to my darn iCloud storage, does anyone else feel my pain?) and putting thought into 3 things I was grateful for REALLY started to make a difference to my everyday outlook on life. I really like the idea of writing them down in this book, and can't wait to get started!



What do you think of my picks?
Have you bought anything from kikki.K?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Okay, I definitely need to check out this website! I'm a sucker for cute little books like that, especially when they're geared towards living a happier life. I totally feel you here, I've had a bit of a mental de-clutter over the last 6 months or so too, and I've found out that spending less time with certain friends does make me feel a lot happier. Sometimes you've just gotta do you!

    Helen xx
    helsyeah.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, totally agree, sometimes you have just gotta do you!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Gosh, these are WONDERFUL. The last year had seen me shifting my lifestyle and thinking for a healthier mental state too, and it's been wonderful. I need to get my hands on these.

    Good luck, Lucy, and cheers to a great 2016!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May, I'm glad it's been a positive change for you!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post and I need these in my life! Being mindful really helps with everything in your life.
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does Stacey, really helps put things into perspective.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. What a great pick! I NEED that tidying book in my mind...and will leave it around the house as a hint to the bf. How is late night online shopping a bad thing when you pick up gems like these?!
    Betti | Love from Berlin contributor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know Betti, it just feeds my bad habit but I love it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. changing your mindset is so important I definitely want to check out that book! If you haven't already you should check out Adventures for your Soul by Shannon Kaiser and You are a BADASS by Jen Sincero!!

    Kierra | Lavishingg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the recommendations! I will totally check them out!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig