Saturday, 9 January 2016

Life Lately Through My Camera Roll

Woah, first time in a while I've done one of these, but then I have been in a post Christmas slump! It's such a busy time, but I don't seem to have been as snap happy as usual, here's what photos I've been taking lately:

1. One of the best things about winter is all the long soaks in the bath I've been having, you just can't beat it.

2. I picked up this retro Casio watch for a bargain online, and I love it! I'm a big fan of watches anyway, but I actually really like the basicness of this one. 

3. NYE this year was hilarious, I did slightly overindulge though. I woke up to lots of very random photos, none that I could really post on the blog apart from this one of the campfire we had. (Well, unless you want to see a blurred shot of the moon, someone's cat who let itself into the house, or lots of selfies taken on the dreaded front camera with red wine teeth aplenty.)

4&5. On New Year's Day a brisk walk along the beach was needed and the sea was really wild and foamy. Pretty sunset too. 

6&7. My Mum made her annual New Year's Day roast dinner which was absolutely amazing. My brother and his wife came over too and we had a fab evening of board games, including Cluedo, Uno and an epic 2.5hr match of Trivial Pursuit. I always think it's a shame people only play board games at Christmas, it's a great way to spend real life family time away from technology

8. Last chance to get the costa Christmas drinks, I'm always upset when they end. This years fave has been the white hot chocolate, it's gorgeous.

9. I went to the cinema this week to see 'Spectre', I know I know, it was out ages ago but I didn't get a chance to go any sooner and luckily our local cinema has a night with older films on. We had food in the restaurant beforehand and I had the seafood chowder, it was absolutely amazing! 

What have you been up to the last few weeks? 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I absolutely love baths & really enjoy them at this time of year.

    That watch you managed to pick up is so beautiful :) xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, it was such a bargain! And you can't beat a soak in the bath!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Love love love that Casio! Also you can't beat a bit of trivial pursuit haha! I wish I could face long baths in the winter but the pipes seem to freeze over up here and the water ends up freezing cold so I'm super jealous haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how retro it is and it was only £12 haha. Trivial pursuit is amazing, I get so competitive though haha. Oh no that's so rubbish :(

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. This is a great little roundup! Love that watch!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get SO sad when the costa christmas drinks end :( They are one of my fave things, although i never tried tot white hot choc this year!! Also, that watch is gorgeous <3

    Sass xxx www.whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm devastated haha! The white hot choc was a new one for me too and it's amazing, you should definitely try it next time :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Great post! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig