Friday, 15 January 2016

Post Christmas Break / The Quay Hotel & Spa


Hi lovelies!
I'm definitely a person who likes having something to look forward to, and money dependant I like to plan at least one thing a month to feel excited for.
I knew I'd feel down with the inevitable January blues once Christmas was over, so my Mum and I booked an overnight stay at The Quay Hotel & Spa, which is one of our favourite places to go.

We shopped around and found a really good deal online - bed and breakfast, afternoon tea, 10% off spa treatments and full use of the facilities, which was great value for the price.
Our room was a superior twin room with a view of the marina.


After checking in and getting settled, we headed down to the restaurant for our complimentary afternoon tea, it's usually £17.50 per person so it was great value and there was loads of choice. We had a selection of finger sandwiches and 3 tiers of cakes including scones with cream and jam, mille feuille, lemon sponge cake, chocolate eclairs and meringue's. All washed down with pots of tea!


We were SO full afterwards (I always find afternoon tea quite heavy) that we went back up to our room to relax for a while. We then headed down to the bar for dinner, I had a fillet of red mullet with a crab cake on a bed of thai green curry, and my Mum had the fish and chips. All the seafood there is locally sourced, and both our meals were amazing.


After our meal, we walked to a local cocktail bar called Prohibition. I go there quite regularly with friends and absolutely love it, so I knew my Mum would too. She's a big fan of the 1920's and the bar is themed around that era. We had a few cocktails before waddling back to the hotel, at least the walk helped aid our digestion somewhat!


The following morning we rolled downstairs for our cooked breakfast, before having a quick pitstop in the steam room and hydrotherapy pool. We had booked a treatment and both opted for the 'What's Not To Love' Express Facial by REN. I've used REN body products before, but I loved the facial products and really enjoyed the treatment.

All in all it was a lovely break, just what the doctor ordered after a busy and long first week back at work.

Have you got any breaks to look forward to?




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a beautiful hotel and location! The afternoon tea looks so lovely, glad you had a lovely time hun!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, it was lovely!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig