Sunday, 7 February 2016

A Sunday Post / Two

The last Sunday Post I wrote seemed to go down pretty well, and as I personally love the informal, chatty lifestyle sort of posts, I thought I'd write another one :)
So here's a little round up of things I've been doing and loving over this last week.

1. I really don't like Facebook (although I check it every day and obsess about my life) but this week I'm truly thankful for it because if I hadn't been mindlessly scrolling through it, the news that Pretty Little Liars is back on Netflix would have totally passed me by! So I've had a binge and for the first time ever I'm watching it in 'real time'...just not sure how to occupy myself between episodes now, sad times. But can I just say - THE FASHION. I'm loving it all.

2. I mentioned going to an amazing new local restaurant in my last post, so last weekend I took a different friend there and it was just as incredible as I remember. I need to be working on commission as I basically keep planning to take different people there on a weekly basis. I feel like such a ho.


3. Exciting news this week came in the form of an adorable new puppy - meet Daisy. Isn't she gorgeous?! She's B's new puppy and I'm already in love with her and plotting how I can steal her! It's amazing how broody I've become so quickly, and I'm watching every snooze, beg and playtime with fascination. She's just so cute! We took her out for a her first walk and put her in the sweetest little pink coat, girl got style.


4. For Christmas I bought my Mum a half day spa break, and we headed there today. It was nice to leave it until now to have something to look forward to in the post Crimbo slump, and it was well worth the wait. I'll write a longer post in the next couple of weeks but we had the best day, the facilities were stunning and a Thai lunch was included in the offer, and by the end of it you could have stuck in a fork in me because I was DONE. It was amazing.

Image Credit: www.spabreaks.com
5. Following on from my uncontrolled eating patterns, I did a little ASOS order last week and for the first time ever sent pretty much everything back. I sometimes feel ordering from ASOS is a little bit like Russian Roulette, it can be very hit and miss. They definitely need a 'looks frickin hideous' checkbox on the returns form.....

6.....which again leads me onto the next thing (I'm really seamless with the links tonight!) my weight. It's got to the time of the year where I've started thinking about fitness again, and now the January blues are over I don't really have an excuse. Since having my FitBit I've been much more focused on ensuring I'm keeping active and getting more sleep, but I simply don't have the metabolism I used to have. I've downloaded the 7 Minute Workout app which has got really good reviews, and I'm hoping it'll help me tone up. It's specifically designed for busy, normal people, and the fact that I've paid £2.29 for it alone means it had better be worth it. Haha.

7. And finally, something else a bit exciting that's happened to me is that I've gone back to Uni! Every Thursday evening for the next few months I'll be studying Psychology, which I've been both nervous and excited about. I had my first lecture last week and although I felt rusty and a bit socially awkward, it'll be nice to get my teeth into something new again, and have something to challenge me.


Have you had a good week?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I feel your pain with Pretty Little Liars. I'm desperate for it to be Wednesday again haha. That puppy is just the cutest and congrats on going back to uni! I hope you enjoy it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been counting down the days haha. Thanks, I'm hoping I enjoy it! It's scary haha being back in the world of study!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. It seems that you had such a lovely week! The pictures are super pretty and your dog is so so cute! Congrats on going back to uni, that's fantastic! Have a great week! xx

    Ale | www.alemint.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a great week too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. How cute is Daisy! I just want to cuddle her, plus she has great taste in toys, my dogs have the same doughnut!

    I'm exactly the same with FB, it drives me insane & I hate how obsessed I am with it, but sadly I'd be so out of the loop if I didn't check it regularly as all my friends use it for invites to dinners etc & nobody bothers to text or ring now, it's all done on the messenger. So annoying! x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's gorgeous and I can't stop cuddling her! I bought her the doughnut, I love it myself haha!
      Yeah I totally feel your pain with facebook, it feels so impersonal now!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig