Thursday, 11 February 2016

Five Things I've Learnt About Happiness

1. Think Happy.
If you try and focus on the positives, and actually tell yourself you're happy, eventually you'll manage to convince yourself that you are, and your attitude will change. The mind is a powerful tool.

2. Do More Of What Makes You Happy.
It really doesn't matter what it is, if you enjoy it and it makes you feel happy - do more of it!
I remember reading a quote that said "time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted time" and it's so true. Life is short.

3. Don't Expect Someone Else To Make You Happy.
This is an important one, and one I learnt myself recently.
Only YOU can make yourself happy, no one else can do that for you. Of course our loved ones contribute to our happiness, but true happiness comes from within, and from finding yourself.

4. Focus On What You Have Rather Than Don't Have.
As above, this is a tricky one and on that's often easier said than done. 
We wouldn't be human if we didn't feel down, or compare ourselves to others, but once you learn to really appreciate what you do have, the happier you'll be.

5. Focus On The Little Things.
It's far too easy to get bogged down with material possessions, or by convincing yourself that if you lived the perfect life you see on Instagram you'd be happier, but it's honestly not true. 
I find that the small things are the things that really matter in life, and they're usually the things we take for granted.

Since I've adopted a more positive mindset, I feel happier in every way, which makes me feel able to cope with life's ups and downs much easier.

What do you find helps you feel happier?




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Loved this post so much, lady! I have to say that I agree with all of these things that you have learned. I have also read that telling yourself you are happy has actually been proven to work, so you are totally right about that one! If we are able to feel content about ourselves and our lives, by focusing inward and focusing on the positives in our lives, happiness just sort of seems to flow a lot better and onto those around us too :)

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's true, the happier I started convincing myself I was, the generally happier I've found myself feeling lately!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig