Friday, 19 February 2016

Skincare Products That Work For Me


Hi lovelies!
My skin is something I've always struggled with, and I've battled with acne since I was a young teenager.
Because of this, I've tried and tested hundreds of skincare products in my attempts to find something that works for me, and finally now years later my skin has started to improve (although its far from perfect) and I think I've finally managed to hone my stash down to a couple of products that really work for me.

Growing up I always loved The Body Shop, but as I got older I found myself drifting away from them, in particular their skincare. I tried this cleansing butter after recommendations, and I love it. It's so thick and creamy, and I apply it on top of my make up before bed and I feel it literally melt off. I usually use a hot muslin cloth to remove all traces, but it can also be used without.

I'd never heard of Liz Earle until a friend at work recommended it to me, and initially I loved it and it went a huge way in clearing up my skin. I still think it's a fantastic product and my skin always feel amazing after using it, but because of the price its something I only treat myself to now and again, I don't use it continuously, much as I'd like to.

I've raved about Naobay numerous times on this blog, and I only discovered it through subscribing to Glossybox. I love how the products are completely natural and paraben free; this one contains camomile and gotu kola and smells gorgeous as well as making my skin feel really fresh and clean.  


As I mentioned before, I really like Liz Earle products but I don't buy them regularly. I've had this exfoliator for quite a while now and it's my favourite out of all the ones I've tried (although I also love St Ives which is more affordable), its gentle and really makes my skin feel like I've shed a layer.

This is one of the most recent additions to my skincare regime, and I recently wrote a full review on it. I have (in my opinion) huge pores and this is helping to minimise them slowly, as well as gliding onto my skin and smelling amazing. I use this before my moisturiser and it just soaks in instantly. The only downside is the price, but I use it quite sparingly so hopefully it'll last me ages.

I absolutely love this moisturiser, because I have quite sensitive skin it really seems to agree with me, whereas a lot of moisturisers don't (Liz Earle for example) it's the perfect blend of nourishing but light, and makes my skin feel soothed rather than aggravated. It also contains aromatherapy essential oils which makes me drop off to sleep easily after using it.


Have you tried any of these products?



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish and the exfoliator are amazing aren't they. I can't see myself using anything else ever again. I could really do with the Estee Lauder one as my pores are so bad. I'll have to look into it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, they made such a difference to my skin when I first started using them. I'd definitely recommend the Idealist too.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig