Saturday, 6 February 2016

The Art of Self Care

Photo Credit: freepeople.com
Last night, I came home feeling drained. 
It hasn't been a bad week at all, in fact it's been pretty good overall, but it just felt like such a tiring week I needed a pick me up, and so I turned to my trusty, fail safe routine, and within half an hour I felt like a new person.

After I'd dumped my stuff and peeled off my cold, soaking wet clothes, I switched my electric blanket on and lit some candles.
I brushed my matted hair and put a conditioning mask on, took my make up off, popped a clay mask on my face, hopped in the shower (ordinarily I'd have had a soak in the bath but I was having water pressure issues, sob) used a scrub, shower gel (I went for Lush Rose Jam because the smell cheers me up) and washed and conditioned my hair.
Then I painted my toenails, put on clean fresh pyjamas, and got into bed with a cuppa and the new series of Pretty Little Liars. 

Was this a rockin' Friday night? 
No.
Was it exactly what I needed?
Yes.

It's definitely life's simple pleasures that make everything seem worth it and a bit of self care can improve my mindset by 100%. Spending just 30 minutes on myself made me feel content, relaxed and grateful for the life I have, and it cost nothing.
Plus knowing that I didn't have to set my alarm for the following morning made it all seem even better :)

Often when you grow up in a humble way,
your truest treasures end up being 
the simple pleasures.
- April Peerless.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This is a lovely post. Nothing beats a pamper! I love having a bubble bath with a magazine and a nice drink then smothering myself in lotions and potions! Having some "me" time always helps with anything.
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Pamper nights are the best, and smothering yourself in a nice body lotion afterwards feels amazing.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Pamper nights are so essential to me. They even beat nights out at clubs sometimes. I feel so refreshed and damn good every time :-)

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from missingwanderer.org.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you know to look after yourself, I always treat myself to pampers session when I'm in need of TLC. If I'm feeling really drained I go home to folks house and see my dog!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. having a good pamper session is necessary in my life. also, i always enjoyed having me time.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good pamper session is always my favourite thing about a night out. I hope you felt alot more relaxed afterwards babe :) xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's the small things that cheer us up, I always look forward to climbing into my bath for a bit of relaxation and TLC! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig