Wednesday, 17 February 2016

The Kinmel Hotel & Spa

I love my Mum dearly, and like a chip off the old block I've inherited her love of mini breaks, so when looking for a Christmas present for her, what could be more perfect than a spa day?

Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis will have noticed that I'm partial to a spa break, and the Kinmel Hotel & Spa (also known as The Kinspa) looked lovely, and is only around an hour away from us.

As I mentioned, this was a Christmas present, but we didn't go until last weekend, which actually made it nice to have something to look forward to. We were advised to arrive around 12pm so we would have time for our lunch as well as several hours to use the spa. This worked out perfectly for us, and after a quick tour of the impressive facilities and a change into our robes, by 12.30 we were sitting outside under the heaters, looking out over the gardens and waiting for our first course with a drink in hand. Bliss.


The offer we had was really good value for money and also included a two course lunch in the hotel's Thai restuarant, Chiang Mai. We were also given the choice of afternoon tea, but we were really pleased with our choice because our meal was absolutely delicious.
My Mum is allergic to shellfish and the staff were really attentive with her, going through the items on the menu with the chef to make sure nothing contained anything that might give her a reaction which was reassuring. We both opted for the Vegetarian Spring Rolls to start, and I had the Thai Green Chicken Curry with a strawberry smoothie, while my Mum chose the Sticky Thai Beef and Mango Salad washed down with a glass of prosecco. Both meals were fantastic, so much so that we decided to go the whole hog and also order a dessert - we both had our arms twisted by the Coconut Creme Brulee recommended by the waiter.


After we finished our lunch, we headed down to the spa for an afternoon of relaxing. I didn't take my phone with me for obvious reasons, so I took the below photos off their website. In all honesty I doubt I'd have been able to do it justice as it was without a doubt the nicest and most impressive looking spa I've ever been to!

Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk
Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk
Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk
Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk
Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk
The spa facilities are very modern and luxurious, with mood lighting surrounding the pool, and a tunnel leading to a hydrotherapy pool in the open air. The steam room and sauna are state of the art, as are the drench showers.
After we had happily whiled away a few hours, we headed upstairs to the Tranquility Relaxation Suite which was filled with loungers and blankets, magazines, a selection of hot and cold drinks and large windows overlooking the countryside. The room is also completely soundproofed so it's incredibly peaceful. 

Image: www.thekinmel.co.uk


At the end of the day I didn't want to leave, we'd happily have stayed overnight and all the next day too! 
It was a lovely way to spend the day and have some quality girly time with my Mum, and we both left feeling relaxed and pampered. We didn't have a spa treatment this time, but I'm sure we'll return and hopefully have one next time.

Are you a fan of a spa break?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This place looks so lovely! The Thai Green Curry looks so good, one of the best things in the world! I do love a spa!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous, and the lunch was just so good!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this place looks absolutely incredible! Sometimes it is just nice to go to a spa for the general services like the water therapy, sauna, etc. and skip the massage. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely isn't! To be honest the facilities were so good we didn't feel we'd missed out by not having anything else.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig