Tuesday, 22 March 2016

A Night in Hotel Gotham, Manchester

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll have picked up on the fact that I love visiting hotels. It's my 'thing' (a very expensive thing, but a thing nonetheless)
I absolutely love having something to look forward to, and experiencing new places. 
Last year I popped in for a nosy around Hotel Gotham in Manchester (I wrote a post about it which you can read here) and ever since, I've been desperate to go and stay.

My wish came true a couple of weeks ago when my Mum and I headed there for the night having found a great deal online. Hotel Gotham is a 5* hotel situated right in the heart of Manchester and it's price reflects that, so I love it when luxury hotels advertise offers that mean people who normally couldn't afford it get the opportunity to stay affordably. 

As I mentioned in my previous post, the style of this hotel is second to none. Absolutely no stone has been left unturned when it comes to decor, it's genuinely a sight to behold. The hotel is lavishly decorated in a 1920's art deco style, with small touches everywhere that really add to the luxury feel; whether it's the faux fur throw on the bed, the black leather headboards, the 'White Company' toiletries and the well-stocked mini bar, there's so much to take in in the bedrooms alone.

Hotel Gotham is a restored bank, and that's evident through the 'Swag Bags' in the room where you can buy any of the items featured in the room, and the decorative gold bars dotted around. There's also a doorman/bell boy which makes you feel like you're stepping into another era as soon as you walk through the door.

The hotel also boasts a members only bar called Club Brass with panoramic views of the city, where the attentive staff dressed in white tails are happy to tailor make cocktails for you, if nothing on the menu takes your fancy. Although I can't remember the names of our drinks now, they were both delicious, and mine came served in a vintage milk bottle and contained chocolate coco pops milk!
After we came back from dinner, we took the barman up on his offer of bespoke cocktails and he rustled up two 'nightcaps' for us, one with a mint chocolate taste, and the other with an chocolate orange taste. The atmosphere in the bar is relaxed and makes you feel like you're sitting in a Prohibition bar.


The next morning we had breakfast in the Honey Bar, which was light and airy with beautiful views across Manchester, and immaculate decor as with the rest of the hotel. My eggs royale was one of the best I've tasted.

I really couldnt fault the service in the Hotel, and the interior design just took my breath away. 
It's definitely worth a visit next time you visit Manchester.

Have you stayed in Hotel Gotham?


















SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh wow this looks absolutely amazing! Everything is totally my style, I really hope I get to visit when I'm next in Manchester x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig