Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Home Post: Styling The Perfect Coffee Table

I really love interior design, and it's been a while since I've posted anything home related.
Now Pinterest exists, it's become so easy for us to start picturing our perfect homes, and searching for images to give us that inspiration.

When thinking about decorating a living room, I think knowing how to style the coffee table is really important. For most living rooms, the coffee table is a centrepiece, and can often provide a lot of focus in the room.
I think it's key not to overload the table, because you don't want it to look cluttered, instead focusing on a few statement items.


 Chairish are currently running a Coffee Table Essentials Challenge, and invited me to take part.
While browsing their website, I came across this beautiful vintage chrome and glass coffee table. I really love vintage furniture, and this piece caught my eye because it's quite striking. It would look perfect in my living room, it's not too big, and is also timeless; it's vintage but also manages to look quite modern.
 I was thinking about how I would decorate it; and as the table is a statement in itself, I decided to keep the items adorning it simple. 

For me, I think fresh flowers will always freshen up any space, and it's lovely to be able to smell them in the room as you walk in.
Coffee table books/magazines are an instantly chic and stylish way to decorate a coffee table, especially if you get a variety of different and interesting titles to choose from.


I adore candles, and almost always have some lit. Not only do they smell lovely, they also help give a room a nice homely feel. Because the majority of candles are pretty small, they're quick and simple to add to the corner of a coffee table.
Terrariums are so fashionable at the moment, and you can get all sorts of shapes and styles. They're also an inexpensive item to add a bit of pizzazz (I'm so glad I managed to throw that word in!) to a table and transform the style of a room.




What do you think of my style picks?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love your picks, that coffee table is timeless

    I completely agree that less is more when it comes to coffee table accessories, and you've chosen some brilliant staples, they would add a sense of luxury to any room!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Raj! Less is definitely more :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Completely agree about fresh flowers! And I really want a terrarium as well, the one you've picked is gorgeous! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it on Pinterest, sadly I have no idea where it's from but I love it!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig