Sunday, 13 March 2016

A Sunday Post / Four

Hi lovelies!
I'm back again with another one of my rambly Sunday posts where I just waffle on about what I've been doing/loving over the last couple of weeks.
Hope you're all having a great Sunday!

1. My friend and I went for a long awaited spa break last weekend at my fave The Quay where I go as often as I can. I think I should be on commission for the sheer amount of times this place has featured on my blog! We were celebrating Jen's VERY belated birthday and had a fab time. We arrived in the afternoon and headed to the spa facilities for a wind down, and then relaxed further by treating ourselves to a Top to Toe full body massage, which was amazing. We also had a 3 course dinner in The Grill restaurant and breakfast the following morning. I can't wait to go again!

2. Naobay are fast becoming one of my favourite beauty brands. It's not only their ethics I admire (they're completely natural and paraben free, don't test on animals, use organic ingredients and all their packaging is recycled/biodegradable) but their products are just top notch. Everything I've used has been good, which is rare. These are definitely here to stay on my bathroom shelf, and what's more they don't even break the bank. I picked up this set of 3 from TK Maxx for the princely sum of £6.

3. After our pamper at the Quay (and a full day of shopping and lunch) Jen and I rounded up our bumper weekend by going to watch Ruby Wax and her Sane New World tour. As random as it may sound, Ruby Wax is an advocate for mental health issues and received a Master's degree from Oxford in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, so she knows her stuff. Neither Jen nor I were really sure what to expect, but it was really interesting; she talked about how busy we all our in this day and age, and the sense of entitlement modern living brings us. Basically, how stressed social media etc is making us all. We also did an interactive mindfulness exercise together (?!) and there was a Q&A. Definitely a different way to spend a Saturday night! 
(we also bought her book and met her - and posed for the world's most awkward photos!)

4. Onto another bombshell - last weekend I tried an iced coffee for the very first time. I feel so proud. I've always been a bit wary of iced coffee, as I just haven't seen the appeal of drinking cold coffee basically - but I loved it! Groundbreaking stuff. 

5. I had such a horribly busy week last week, and really ran myself into the ground by trying to do too much again, which is SUCH a bad habit of mine. Listening to the above seminar obviously didn't sink in! Haha. Work was just manic and I felt like I did nothing but travel constantly, I also saw friends a couple of nights during the week AND had to revise for my exam in Uni which all started to make me feel under the weather. 
I've decided I definitely need to remember to be kinder to myself and listen to my body when it tells me to take a break. Factoring in some more me-time is definitely on the agenda for this week.

6. I've found myself splurging on a couple of unnecessary treats over the last week or so, I think there must be a direct correlation between me being run down and spending more than I should. 
I had a bit of a MAC haul which wasn't needed BUT I'm putting it down as a treat because I needed cheering up! I picked up 3 lipliners, and wanted to go for colours that are versatile enough to tie in with all the lip colours I have. I browsed a couple of blogs for suggestions and finally settled on 'Soar' for nudes/browns, 'Brick' for reds, and 'Nightmoth' for darks/cherry. I'm pretty happy with them all, but trying to resist the urge to overline and give myself a clown mouth!

7. Finally, yesterday my Mum and I headed out for a day in Shrewsbury. I love Shrewsbury, it's so pretty and has so many quirky shops and nice places to eat. We had a coffee and cake stop, a lovely lunch in Number Four (which is my favourite place to eat; it's like an industrial decor lovers heaven!) and had a spending spree in Fat Face. Overall, a perfect day.

How has your week been?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. What a lovely post! All the above looks amazing! That book sounds really good, might have to get that! You deserved that mac haul! Have fun, I really want nightmoth!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I feel like I can justify it now haha.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Great post. The book sounds interesting so I might look into that :)

    a small bit | bloglovin | twitter | latest post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, worth a read :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Number four looks so lovely and quaint! I've only ever tried the Naobay exfoliator and got on fairly well with it!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, it's an old butchers so it's really quirky and different! I'd definitely recommend Naobay, I have the Exfoliator too.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig