Sunday, 3 April 2016

A Sunday Post / Five

Hi lovelies!
So it feels like ages since I last did one of these posts, although it's only actually been a few weeks. Everything has been super busy lately and my little blog is feeling a bit neglected - I'll hopefully be posting some new, more inspired content soon!

Here's what I've been up to since my last Sunday post:

1. For a while it seemed like Spring had FINALLY sprung, but I'm starting to feel like it was a cruel trick of the imagination! Although, really I'm just scared that it's already April, wasn't it literally only just Christmas?! I took this quick photo of the beautiful blue sky the other week when I went to pick my Mum up from work, it looked so pretty.


2. A couple of weekends ago I went to Barcelona for my friend Kate's 30th Birthday party. The party itself was fun, I didn't actually know anyone really so it was a little bit nerve wracking, and also I'm one of these slightly offbeat people who hides social anxiety with humour, so I'm never quite sure if people get me, haha. The rest of trip was a bit of a disaster but a full post on that is coming soon!


3. To counteract the stressful weekend in Barcelona, I had a really relaxed Easter weekend; 4 days off with minimal plans was pure heaven! B and I took Daisy out for a walk on Easter Sunday and were hit with the freakiest weather ever! In the space of half an hour we had cloud, thunder, biblically heavy hail and rain! We ran back to the car for shelter and then spent the evening in the pub doing the quiz, and finished with a paltry 10/25 - boo hiss!















4. I've got a new toy and I'm more than a little bit in love with it! I've wanted an iMac for as long as I can remember so finally took the plunge! In fact, this is the first blog post written on it, and I can only dream of the Pinterest worthy office layouts I see online, I'm sitting on an old computer tower as a makeshift chair and using B's side table! Boys.



5.  It's been a busy but fun week celebrating my good friend's hen night. On Thursday we went for a spa day and the weather was absolutely glorious! We had afternoon tea and a couple of bottles of fizz, before heading to the spa where we had two 25 minutes treatments as part of our package. I went for a back massage and express facial and it was just heavenly, I was so relaxed I could have slept!


6. On Friday night it was hen night part 2 and a few of us headed out for cocktails, pretty hardcore as it was the night before the wedding! We had a really fun night though, I often find the unplanned ones are better. We went back at a sensible time ready for the big day.


7. Yesterday was the long awaited day and it was beautiful from start to finish. I'm equally good friends with both the bride and groom and have known them now for 10 years, so it's really strange (but amazing) to see them finally tie the knot! The weather was shocking but it didn't put a dampener on the day and I had a great time catching up with everyone. They really catered for every little detail and it was just a wonderful day, we danced all night!


8. Today has been a really lazy day, which is what Sunday's are for. B and I popped out for a late breakfast which was definitely needed after last night, and I've spent the rest of day watching Gossip Girl and Reservoir Dogs (a bizarre combination I'll admit) with this little beauty cuddled up to me. Her face melts my heart *heart eye emoji*


What have you been up to lately? 
I'd love to hear about it!




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. your dog is so so cute! it's felt like spring here lately as well and then it started snowing today out of nowhere, not cool!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! Yeah this weather is so bizarre!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig