Tuesday, 19 April 2016

The Lowry Hotel, Manchester


A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to stay overnight at The Lowry Hotel in Manchester.
The Lowry is Manchester's first 5* hotel, and it certainly doesn't disappoint. Blending modern and minimalistic style with luxury and warmth, the hotel is contemporary, stylish, and welcoming.


We stayed in a superior deluxe twin room with a view of the river, which was huge with a comfortable leather chaise longue near the window adding style to the room. The beds were large and comfortable, and there was contemporary artwork on the wall as well as a large warm bathroom filled with Aromatherapy Associates products (one of my personal favourites) and a tea tray with plenty of little extras.


After we'd settled in to our room we went to explore the rest of the hotel. Unforutunately the spa is currently undergoing a renovation so we couldn't see what that was like, but consoled ourselves by heading to the bar for a cocktail.
As anyone who reads this blog knows, cocktails are basically my life - so there was no way I was passing up the opportunity!
P.S. They were as good as I expected.


I slept wonderfully, in a quiet, comfortable and perfectly sized bed in a room that was just the right temperature for me. I never sleep too well in hotels because I like a really cold room and they never are, but regardless of the temperature, it was perfect.

Breakfast was a continental buffet and then a cooked selection. I was deliberating whether to have my usual eggs benedict for ages, but eventually settled on a full English. It was delicious.


Every aspect of our stay - from the friendly reception staff, to the luxurious room, the comfortable bed, powerful shower, fluffy robes and delicious food and drink was superb.
I had a bit of a crisis the following morning (nothing major) but the staff went above and beyond what is normally expected in a hotel stay, which was just amazing.
I'd love to stay again!


Have you ever stayed at The Lowry?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This place looks absolutely fabulous! Shame I'm so far from Manchester :( xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous Cat! Look it up if you're ever in Manchester!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am so jealous of your travels. This hotel looks great, the bathroom is probably my favourite out of all the photos! (Except for the food of course ;) lol ) I've never stayed in the Lowry, I would love to though!
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I always love bathrooms in hotels too! Haha!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig