Saturday, 14 May 2016

Glossybox / May Review



Hi lovelies!
How's this lovely weather treating you? It's been glorious here, I'm loving the sunny evenings!
This month's collectable box has been designed by OMY studios and it's so pretty!
Here's what I got this month:


Revlon Mascara
To be honest, this hasn't really inspired me. Mascaras are always handy to have, and as it's magnified it could be good, but I get one nearly every month so I have an overload of mascaras at the moment! I'll definitely be giving this a go, but it's not a brand I'm excited about either.


Absolute New York Velvet Lippie
Another item I'm not overly inspired by, but lipsticks are always handy to have (although this is more like a lipgloss cnonsistency) I'll pop it in my make-up bag and give it a go. I like the fact it dries matte though.


Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy
I LOVE hand cream so I'm pleased with this. I've always got loads on the go but hand creams are one of the few things I can never get enough of. This is nourishing for nails and cuticles too, and I like the gentle summery smell.


Loceryl Nail Gel
Another item that if I'm being honest, I find quite boring. It's always handy to treat your nails and this will come in useful when I'm doing a manicure, but I'm really not wowed by the addition of this to the box.


Bee Good Youth Enhancing Plump & Firm Moisturiser
I feel like I'm really whining here, but again there seems to be a sample sized moisturiser in every box and I just have far too many! Particularly as I'm quite fussy when it comes to skincare. I'll still give this a good go though, and it'll be handy to take on nights away. I think this is one of the best products in the box.


Proper Corn Sweet & Salty Popcorn
Finally, I'm not sure why there's a bag of popcorn but I'll definitely give it a whirl. 


Sadly, this is going to be my last monthly review for a while as I've decided to cancel my Glossybox subscription for the time being.
I've just got far too many of the same products and I can't get through them all quickly enough!
I do love Glossybox and always look forward to receiving, I've also recommended it to so many people! But I just haven't felt that impressed with the last few month's boxes, and this one cemented it for me! I want to see more well-known makes (like Nars) or new makes (like Naobay) and maybe some different products like sheet masks or bath bombs, rather than quite cheap makes that I haven't heard of.

I may re-subscribe at some point though as I'm sure I'll miss my monthly goodies!

What did you think of this month's box?






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I don't do subscription boxes but it does sound like such a chore to receive the same products monthly. The popcorn was extremely random lol

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tell me about it! Definitely a poor month.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig