Friday, 6 May 2016

My Updated Skincare Routine


I've mentioned before in this blog that I've always struggled with my skin; having battled acne throughout my teens and most of my twenties, trying new products and finding they actually work for me can be a bit hit and miss.

BUT (and I'm touching wood as I write this) since I started this routine, and stuck to it religiously, finally I feel I've had a breakthrough and I can honestly say my skin has never looked better.
Whether it's all of these products combined working, or just a few of them, I'm not complaining!

Morning Routine


Every morning I wash my face with Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and wipe it off using a muslin cloth. I've been using this on and off for a couple of years but always end up coming back to it, the natural formula really works with my skin and clears it up.
I'm a big fan of natural brands, and as with the rest of their products, the Naobay Calming Face Toner is hands down one of the best I've tried, I absolutely adore that brand!
Once I've cleansed and toned, I apply a small amount of Estee Lauder Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher to my face; the hefty price tag isn't really justifiable, especially as I can't say I've noticed any change to the size of my pores, but a little goes a long way and the texture of my skin definitely looks smoother and firmer after using this.
Finally, I moisturise with Guerlain Meteorites Oxygene Care Moisturiser & Radiance Booster. This is again pretty pricey, but my skin looks so radiant and glowing after I use it, I have it as a treat. I love Guerlain and they're one of my favourite brands, this smells beautiful.

Night-Time Routine


My bedtime routine is pretty simple, I try and use the minimal amount of products so as to not overload my skin overnight.
I smother my face in The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter which takes off all my make up, including mascara, before wiping it off with a muslin cloth. It smells gorgeous and is so natural and gentle on my skin.
I then apply a recent addition to my routine - Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum. I got this in my Glossybox a few months ago, and my sample size is nearly gone, booo! This serum is amazing and I love how the honey feels on my skin, sadly it's pretty expensive though so will have to wait until I can justify it.
My night-time moisturiser is Neal's Yard Beauty Sleep Concentrate; which smells lovely and makes me want to drift off to sleep just by sniffing it! It's also a lovely gentle and nourishing moisturiser, and helps me keep wrinkles at bay. It's definitely one of my faves.

Skincare Extras


Finally, there are a few extra products I dip in and out of in my usual regime .
I try and exfoliate once a week (or twice if I'm being good!) with Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator which is soft and gentle and helps buff away any dead skin, leaving my face looking brighter.
Also, I try and substitute my morning cleanser 1-2 times a week with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Wash which I recently picked up for the bargain price of £3 from the sale and absolutely love. It's definitely helped clear up some stubborn blemishes and makes me feel squeaky clean afterwards.
As with all other bloggers out there, I'm a big fan of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove my make up when I'm feeling lazy. I often use it to take my eye make up off before using my cleanser and although I don't think you get the advertised 200 uses from it, it's certainly lasted me ages and i great value for money.

Which products do you swear by?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, I highly recommend them all!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig