Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Pinning Positivity

I've spent the last few days holed up in bed suffering from the worst bout of food poisoning / stomach flu I've ever had, rendering my bank holiday a washout, so it's safe to say I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself!

What this bug has given me though, is time to reflect. 
Now, for someone like me who chronically over thinks, that's not necessarily a good thing. I can spend endless hours beating myself up over things I've said, things I haven't said, things I SHOULD be doing with my life, and the things I'm blatantly not doing with my life.
But none of that is really very helpful, and just serves to remind me life's short, and it's always going to be difficult sometimes, or else it wouldn't be life. But does it really need to be made harder by worrying about things that may never happen, or at least may happen but won't matter in a few years time?
Sometimes I feel I've let so much time pass me by already, and that I've allowed myself to be weighed down with things that weren't important, or blamed myself for things I wasn't at fault for. 
Beating myself up all the time is tiring, and when you have the sort of nature I have, this is a habit that's very difficult to shake.

SO, instead I decided to take a break from being 'me' for a couple of days, and just concentrate solely on feeling better. I've napped when I've wanted to, ignored texts for a while when I haven't felt up to replying, binge watched Gossip Girl, and started on a new book.
And I have to say, it's felt wonderful. Reality can wait.

Today, now I'm slowly but surely on the mend, I've taken to Pinterest to remind myself how simple it is to feel happy, and inspired, and positive.
These beautiful photos have really helped me, the power of photography has been just what the doctor ordered!

All photos taken from Pinterest


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a lovely post. I'm exactly the same; I overthink everything and beat myself up about things I said/did months - sometimes even years - ago. Every time I feel myself slipping into that train of thought I have to snap myself out of it, it puts me in an awful mood!

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my late response! It's so tiring overthinking isn't it, and I keep wishing I could learn that it really doesn't help at all, and as you say, just puts you in a horrible mood!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig