Sunday, 10 July 2016

A Sunday Post / Eight


As I sit typing this, I'm wondering how on earth it's the 10th of July?! I'm wearing long sleeved PJ's, drinking tea and huddled under a blanket, surely this isn't right?
I was looking through my posts this morning and I realised it's been well over a month since my last Sunday post so it seemed well overdue!

1. Going back several weeks now, I had the treat of a bumper bestie weekend. Despite living in the same area life gets busy and so I don't always get to see Jen as much as I'd like. We went out for an amazing late birthday dinner at Signatures and I haven't laughed so much in ages! I also stayed at theirs over the weekend and drank wine, watched rubbish TV and had an amazing brunch. I love weekends like that.


2.  I haven't really been feeling myself lately, I feel stuck in a rut and my mood has been lower than usual. I normally snap out of these mindsets quite quickly but this time I've been wallowing more and I'm struggling to see my own worth and what it is that I deserve. I've had a touch of bloggers block but I've been spending loads of time outside and photography always helps me feel better, I've been posting a lot of photos on Instagram but it seems really spammy lately - my followers keep going up and down drastically and I'm being bombarded with spam comments. Is anyone else finding it really annoying?


3. I feel like all I've done this past month is eat! I've definitely eaten out far too many times. How cute are these milkshakes though?! On the walk back to the car from the cafe we had them in, we walked past a field filled with beautiful wildflowers; wildflowers are my absolute favourite.


4. I've had quite a lot of rare alone time, which has felt odd as I'm usually surrounded by people, but it's felt really nice. I had some lazy breakfast in bed and caught up on some reading which I haven't done much of for a while. I've also had a humongous clear out which left me feeling weirdly lost and bittersweet (I wrote a post all about it) so everything feels a lot tidier and more organised which is a good feeling.


5. At the end of last month it was the 2 year anniversary of my Nana's passing, I really can't believe it's been two years because it only seems like yesterday. We always try and turn it into something positive rather than spending the day dwelling on it, so our little tradition has been to handpick a bunch of flowers, take them down to the beach at sunset and put them into the water. It was an absolute beautiful evening and for the last two years we've had the most beautifully glorious sunsets on that day, so I like to think thats a sign!


6. Bringing us up a little more to speed, last weekend I went out with work which was actually really fun, and having morning cuddles with this one was a lovely way to wake up. I also went for a walk and talk with some friends, where we really put the world to rights.


7. Finally (this post  has ended up being HUGE) I got the good news that I'd passed my uni course (I was studying psychology) so that was a massive relief as I was convinced I'd done terribly. I've also really got in to House of Cards on Netflix - does anyone else watch it? I've been binge watching and I've just started on season 3, I love it!
My Mum and I went for a spa day on Friday where we both had a facial using ESPA products, it was gorgeous and just what the doctor ordered, my skin is looking really good now too. To finish off a lovely relaxing day we went for a walk on the beach with some fish & chips, I really love simple pleasures, they're what life's all about.


What have you been up to lately? 
I'd love to hear about it!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is such a lovely post! I really enjoyed it! All the photos are lovely and the milk shakes... yeah I need one in my life! Sorry about your nan, what you do for her is beautiful, I really like that!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Oh wow, the millshakes were just incredible!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Loved this post, there's some gorgeous pictures here, I agree with you about Instagram, the follower thing is so odd, I gain 5 and lose 6 all in an hour haha

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosy :) yeah it's really weird, it's like a magical guessing game every time I go on haha

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig