Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Life Lately Through My Camera Roll


Things have been a bit sporadic around here lately, adult life seems to have a nasty habit of getting really hectic. It's been a really busy few weeks, so here's a snapshot of a few ways I've been filling my time:

1. I went to the cinema to see 'Me Before You' - I loved it! I haven't read the book which is unusual for me as I usually prefer to read the book before seeing the film, but I really enjoyed it. I needed a latte afterwards to perk me up.

2. I bought a new car last week which I'm absolutely in love with. I've been a Fiat 500 enthusiast for years (my Mum had an original which I loved) and I used to drive a bright yellow Fiat Seicento, so I needed some more Fiat love in my life! I've had 2 Mini's in the meantime so it's a bit of a change, but that beautiful pastel min green interior cheers me up every time I hop in!

3. I took my friend along to my new favourite haunt, Voltaire (I wrote a full post about it here) and we both had burgers which were to die for. Mine was topped with mushrooms in a garlic and white wine sauce which I wasn't sure would work, but it did. Oh it did.

4. Some friends and I went out for cocktails the other weekend, and it was well needed after a busy few weeks. The weather was still nice and sunny then, so going on a warm, bright evening was a treat. 

5. A night out selfie. Why not? I picked up my burnt orange dress from TK Maxx for about £15, what a bargain! And so, so comfy.

6. To mop up the alcohol from the night before, some Sunday afternoon tapas was just what the doctor ordered. I had grilled aubergine, garlic mushrooms and potatas bravas. Mmmm

7. We went for a walk to burn off the tapas and it was absolutely glorious out, with not a cloud in the sky and boiling hot. I stumbled upon my dream house, a cottage on the beach with the most amazing garden filled with flowers. House goals. definitely.

8. Apparently it was National Ice Cream Day the other week and quite frankly I don't need an excuse. 

9. I've started watching 'Stranger Things' on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'm hooked! I'm halfway through now and I love the 80's soundtrack!

What have you been up to?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. wonderful!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't adult life annoying that way...though you are definitely still having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fiat 500! I still haven't started to learn how to drive but when I do pass I really want Fiat 500 - it's such a cute car.
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fiat 500! I still haven't started to learn how to drive but when I do pass I really want Fiat 500 - it's such a cute car.
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig