Sunday, 3 July 2016

Recent reads

Hi lovelies!
After turning down books for months to binge-watch on Netflix, I've found that I've really gotten back into reading lately. Before going away on our mini-break recently I picked up a couple of new books on my Kindle to read in the hotel, and have flown through them already as I was hooked from the start (sitting in the bath to read until the water was cold basically!)
Here's what I've been reading:

Amazon recommended this psychological thriller to me based on two of my previous purchases, The Girl On The Train and Gone Girl; so if you've read either of those books chances are you'll enjoy this one. I whizzed through this in a day and a half, I just couldn't put it down.
 Grace and Jack seem like the perfect couple, he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You might not want to like them, but you do. You'd like to get to know Grace better, but it's difficult because Grace and Jack are never apart. Some might call this true love, but others might ask why Grace never answers the phone or how she can never meet for coffee, even though she doesn't work. Sometimes the perfect marriage is the perfect lie. 


This book was also a recommendation, one of the cheaper books on Amazon as it's the author's debut novel, and what a debut! I was so hooked on this book I almost considered calling in sick just so I could finish it! It's got a great twist to the story too. 
They say every marriage has its secrets, but no one sees what happens behind closed doors. 
And sometimes those doors should never be opened. 
Sal and Charlie are married, they love each other but they aren't happy. Sal cannot leave, no matter what Charlie does. No matter how much it hurts. 

I'd highly recommend both these books, especially as they're such a bargain on Amazon at the moment. I love tense, compelling thrillers!

Have you read either of these books? 
I'd love to hear any recommendations for anything similar!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh they both sound amazing! I'm reading the ballroom at the moment. It's about to patients in an asylum who fall in love <3
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds interesting! I'll check it out :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations, I need to check out Behind Closed Doors, it sounds so good!
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I thought it was brilliant so I hope you enjoy!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig