Saturday, 6 August 2016

The Girls Night Out Playlist

Credit - Confessing My Sins
As this weekend is National Friendship Day, what better way to celebrate than to get your girls together, whether it's to get dressed up and hit the town, or just to snuggle in the house in your PJ's gossiping. 

It's not as often these days that I get the opportunity to put my glad rags on and paint the town red, but when I do quite often I find it's the getting ready part that's the most fun, the pre-drinks, doing hair and makeup together, trying on a million different dresses, and of course, the music. 

Getting the music right really sets the tone for the night, and though on a normal night I'd say my music taste is pretty darn good, when it comes to a night out it's just unashamedly cheese, cheese, cheese. The more cheese, the better. There have been so many nights where we've had such a great time in the house listening to a wide variety of tunes from club classics to 80's pop, that the club feels like an anticlimax. 
But sometimes, if someone is missing from the party, the night doesn't feel quite the same, and I find now as I get older that my friends naturally have more commitments so it's not always as easy to get everyone together, and I wish I could get us all in the room together at once.

Airtime is a new group video chat app that allows you to share music via YouTube, Spotify and Soundcloud while being able to chat to your friends live, meaning that no matter where you live or what you're doing, you can all still feel like you're in the same room.

The below songs always get my party started, whatever I'm doing, and so My Girls Night Out Playlist would consist of:

1. Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
2. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
3. Boney M - Sunny
4. PSY - Gangnam Style
5. Supergrass - Alright
6. David Bowie - Let's Dance
7. Modjo - Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
8. Prince - Kiss
9. Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
10. Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
11. New Order - True Faith
12. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
13. The B52's - Love Shack
14. Bananarama - Venus
15. WHAM! - Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go)
16. Los Del Rio - Macarena
17. Whigfield - Saturday Night
18. Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
19. Daft Punk - Get Lucky
20. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines

Credit - Career Girl Daily
Thanks to Airtime for the inspiration to make this playlist


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig