Saturday, 5 November 2016

My Happy Place

We all have a happy place, I think.
Somewhere we can go that immediately boosts our spirits, whatever the weather. 
Somewhere that makes us feel peaceful, calm, soothed, relaxed.
For me it has to be the beach. 
Any beach has that effect on me in all honesty, but there's an extra special something about my own local beach that holds a favourite spot in my heart.
I've laughed, cried, paddled, kissed, ran and danced at that beach.
I've made sandcastles, played hopscotch, drawn pictures in the sand, photographed the sunset and washed away the name of someone I'd rather forget at that beach.
I've walked along the sand with my baby god-daughter and linked arms with my 86yr old grandmother at that beach.
I've skimmed stones and thrown flowers out to sea at that beach.
No matter how I'm feeling, walking along that beach makes me feel safe and hopeful.
The feel of the sand between my toes, the smell of the salty sea air, the cries of the gulls and the beautifully vivid sunsets night after night reassure me that the world is a beautiful place.
Even in winter the bleak gloomy landscape is still a sight to behold.
She loved the sea.
She liked the sharp salty smell of the air, and the vastness of the horizons
bounded only by a vault of azure sky above.
It made her feel small,
but free as well.

- George R. R. Martin.










SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw this post made me so happy! What a beautiful beach this is! The beach has such a place in my heart! I just love being by the sea! I even got married on the beach on the IOW! It's just a calming place that gives you so much!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! It's so lovely that you got married on the beach! Bet it was so romantic! There's nothing like the beach for calming you down and making you feel happy.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig