Thursday, 24 November 2016

Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel

One of my favourite things in the world is trying out new hotels, after all this is the main reason I decided to start blogging, as I've always loved writing hotel reviews. 
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I went away for a little break to Barcelona and while there we stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel; which is without a doubt one of the most stunning hotels I've ever stayed in.

I've stayed at a couple of different Renaissance hotels in the past, and without being biased they're a chain I particularly love, especially after being invited to write about their Rlife Live Event last year.
When browsing for a hotel to stay in in Barcelona, as soon as I came across this one I knew it would be a safe bet.

The hotel is situated in the L'Hospitalet de Llobregat area of the city, and is a 5 minute walk to the Europa-Fira metro station, which makes accessing the city centre incredibly simple. It's the perfect balance because you're slightly out of the centre of town while still being near enough to be there in 10 minutes.
Onto the hotel itself, the decor is absolutely beautiful. Everything is completely white, which although may sound a bit stark, it looks incredibly modern and stylish, as well as very clean.

The hotel has several stand-out features: one is the window thats carved into the wall in the shape of a leaf (all the windows are the same shape and when you look at hotel from the outside, it gives the appearance of being covered in palm leaves!)
The second is that the corridors, stairways and lifts are all actually outside, which is something I've never seen in a hotel and is hard to explain without seeing for yourself (but can be seen in the pictures below). All the stairwells are filled with plants and greenery so it gives the impression of being a giant botanical garden!

As soon as you walk into the lobby, you feel like you're stepping into luxury, but despite that it feels welcoming and not at all stuffy. The lobby has a mirrored roof, comfy leather chairs and the coolest (and most eclectic) collection of coffee table books I think I've ever seen! I wanted to take them all home with me and start my own library.
We (obviously) sampled some cocktails at the bar during our trip too, and as expected they were delicious.
In terms of facilities, the hotel also has a jacuzzi and a rooftop pool. I was so disappointed that we missed it by one day (it closes for winter on October 31st and we arrived on the 1st) as I really wanted to check the stunning panoramic sunset from the roof!

The food and drink at the hotel was also incredible, there was so much choice for breakfast including fresh fruit, pastries, bread and cheese, and hot cooked items. I had a fresh omelette every morning and it didn't disappoint!
On one evening we ate at the 'Palmer' restaurant which was lovely with fabulous service. I had the hake supreme with artichokes parmentiere and lobster sauce, followed by the chocolate coulant - both were amazing!

All in all I really couldn't rate this hotel highly enough, every aspect of our stay was brilliant and we didn't want to leave! It's ideally situated for any trip to Barcelona and I'd definitely stay there again!

Have you ever stayed at this hotel?
SHARE:

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig