Thursday, 10 November 2016

The Castle Hotel, Conwy

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and my present from my lovely Mum was a surprise night away at The Castle Hotel in Conwy. 
I've wanted to stay at this 300 year old former coaching inn for a long time, so I was pretty thrilled with this present, and I certainly wasn't disappointed on our arrival.
We were given a free upgrade to a deluxe twin and the room was decorated in a stately, classic country style decor. It's clear that the hotel is steeped in so much history, it felt like every nook and cranny had a story to tell.

After we'd settled in, we went down to Dawson's Bar & Snug for our evening meal. Not only were we spoilt for choice with the menu, there was also an extensive selection of gins which helped make our evening!
I opted for the hotel's speciality; the Trio of Fish and Chips which consisted of cod, haddock and salmon deep fried in welsh beer batter and served with minted peas and tartare sauce. My Mum chose the Conwy Valley slow braised Lamb Henry which was served with seasonal veg and bubble & squeak mash. Both our meals were utterly delicious.

We'd held off on starters so that we could indulge in a dessert, which again were fabulous. My chocolate fondant was melt in the mouth good, and my Mum's white chocolate mousse was to die for.
Not to mention that the service was great and the atmosphere was bustling, lively and traditional, perfect for a cosy Autumn evening.


After a blissful nights sleep it was time to check out, but this hotel was a real treat and certainly somewhere I'd love to return to.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig