Saturday, 17 December 2016

The Snowman Tour & Live Orchestra


I'm a massive fan of Christmas, and anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love 'The Snowman' - it's definitely up there with my top Christmas films and that musical score gives me goosebumps every time!
So when I heard that Carrot Productions were going on tour and putting on performances of 'The Snowman' with a live orchestra I just knew I had to experience it. I honestly couldn't think of anything more festive, and with it being shown in the beautiful Chester Cathedral I knew it would add to the effect.

Not surprisingly the event sold out quickly, and last weekend we headed to Chester and eagerly took our seats. First of all we had a short film of Cinderella which if I'm perfectly honest I thought was a little unnecessary, although I can understand that the organisers would want to give people their money's worth as 'The Snowman' is only 20 minutes long. 

When 'The Snowman' came on the air was filled with anticipation, the orchestra were absolutely superb and the location really helped make the experience even more magical. Hearing 'Walking In The Air' performed live made the hairs on my arms stand on end, although in all honesty every piece of music they performed was amazing and really added to the film.

As usual I was in bits when it ended (no matter how many times I see it, it still breaks my heart!) and we left the Cathedral to find all of Chester lit up with twinkling Christmas lights, which definitely took me back to that feeling of being a little girl at Christmas all over again!

Do you like 'The Snowman'?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig