Monday, 4 September 2017

Holiday Wardrobes

Holidays.
We all love 'em, we all want 'em.

The other thing we do is buy things we don't need for 'em.
Holidays are so expensive, and are definitely a luxury for most of us. But all I see these days online is people over-spending on holiday wardrobes for each holiday they go on, and I often wonder if that's really necessary.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything new purely to take away on holiday with me.
Our wonderful British climate means my summer clothes are generally underworn and therefore my dresses and shorts get barely an outing all year. I love being able to wear things I haven't worn in ages, because they basically feel like new clothes.
Holiday wear rarely goes out of fashion so I tend to rotate my clothes on a two yearly basis (the dresses I'm taking to Lisbon haven't been worn since I went to Palma in 2015 so case in point)
I know so many people who buy loads of cheap items for their holidays with the view of leaving what they don't want behind. To me that is so excessive and an example of consumption at its finest.

Over this past year, I've really tried hard to work on curbing my spending. It's made me feel so much happier, and I guess what they say about feng shui is true, because having less around me has made me feel calmer and more content. 

As someone who is a fairly frequent traveller, I like to think I've got my packing now down to a fine art. For my upcoming trip to Lisbon (today!) I managed to pack in less than 10 minutes. 
For me the key is definitely less is more and my packing mantra tends to be:
  • I rarely ever take hold luggage because most of my holidays tend to be short breaks, so I try and take the minimal amount and mix and match my items together as much as possible.
  • I never take more than 2 pairs of shoes on a short break and I never ever take heels because for me it's all about the comfort on holiday, and whenever I have taken heels they've been unworn.
  • I utilise any free samples I have to take in my toiletries bag, things such as moisturisers, perfume samples and shampoo are particularly handy as they take up so little room and can be thrown away to save space coming back.

What are your thoughts on holiday wardrobes?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig